Sunday, April 13, 2008

Turkey Vulture - Panama 2008


Turkey Vulture, originally uploaded by Michael A. Nelson.

Although not your typical bird to highlight in a photography blog or a Panama birding trip - I do have to say this is a favorite photograph of mine. It was at the end of a long day of birding and the late afternoon light was just perfect as was the branches of this tree. Normally we all see the Turkey Vultures soaring in the sky but rarely do we see them sitting on a branch in perfect light!!!

2 comments:

Chrissy said...

Great blog, glad I found it. Will visit again. Wish I could take photos like yours. :o)

Michael Nelson said...

Thanks Chris. Appreciate it. I love combining the two hobbies although I do put the birding first. The photographs really bring back lots of memories for me.